photo expat-header_zpsqmr5engx.png


 photo home_zpsk4iaoazh.png photo aboutme_zps9dayau1h.png photo DIY_zps3fx2hdxy.png photo recipes_zpsxrow90fo.png photo YL_zpswj2twz6a.png

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chronicles of a sick baby, a neglected preschooler and a heaping dose of mama guilt

C'mon over.

Claire has an ear infection.
Emma has another URI.
Mama has a sinus infection 'cause it wouldn't be fair if only the girlies were sick...

Thankfully, Emma perked right up with antibiotics and Motrin.

However, now finds herself fending for herself with loads of Welcome to Ralph's World CD/DVD, back-to-back episodes of Charlie and Lola and Little Bear, her new My Little Pony play sets, 10 tubs of play-doh, a new box of crayons and markers with a stack of blank paper, tons of snack-y type foods and a few new books that Nana bought her.

I guess that doesn't sound too bad until I fess up the fact that she's largely unsupervised during the daytime while I sit in the rocking chair in the girls' room for the 157,786th time with Claire.

That would be where the heap of Mama guilt comes into the story.

It makes me sad that I can't be in both rooms at the same time.

Or that I am secrectly rejoicing in the fact that school resumes tomorrow.

Or that the tree and decorations are still out.

I could go on and on.

So.

I will close this depressing post out.

"Generally Happy Stephanie" should be back around in a few more days.

Bye for now.

8 comments:

Missy said...

awww- hang in there girl! thinkin of you!

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to come over and give you a hand? Call me....

Mi'Chelle said...

oh, you poor thing!

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

Yay for school, though. Don't feel guilty.

Anonymous said...

oh babe! if I wasnt going bonkers driving back and forth I'd come rescue you, or at least come play with Ms.E so you could get some rest. I'll be down permanently soon! Hang in there!

Sheri said...

aw don't feel guilty.

you are doing the best you can.

besides, Charlie and Lola are dreamy. who wouldn't want to be watching them?

Anonymous said...

I was just coming to say, "you poor sweet thing" but others beat me to it. We rather love Charlie and Lola around here too!

Chrissy King said...

I hope you and your girlies are all feeling better. Being sick stinks!

Don't feel guilty. Any Mom who has more than one kiddo knows exactly how you feel. Its a temporary thing. I only wish mine were little enough to hold in a rocker and feed again!! :o)

TracieClaiborne said...

Don't feel bad - my decorations are still up and I have no excuse!

I hope you ALL feel better soon. Big hugs!

Blogging tips